Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Decor and Rossinis!

This is a fun one! 
I had a great time looking through Pinterest for decorating ideas. 

Here's a little recap of our Easter celebration:


I filled a vase with jelly beans and then used wooded kabob skewers at differing heights for the bunny peeps.


I used carrots in a vase to help prop up these blue hydrangeas.


I kept the carrot theme by wrapping green utensils in orange napkins. 
Party favors included little Lindt bunnies, plastic eggs filled with candy...


...these little nests with Cadbury milk chocolate eggs in them. I found the nests at Hobby Lobby.


You know that Christmas Crack candy I make...I made a slight adjustment for Easter: white chocolate, pink, yellow, and blue candy melts...and of course, sprinkles!

Now for the traditional Easter Rossinis!

This is Ina Garten's recipe:

What you need:
1 pint strawberries (hulled)
2 1/2 Tbsp simple syrup
1 tsp Grand Marnier
1 (750ml) bottle Prosecco (chilled)

What you do...


Puree strawberries in a blender.


Strain strawberry puree to remove seeds.


Add simple syrup and Grand Marnier, and marinate in fridge for 1 hour up to 24 hours.



When you add the Prosecco a chemical reaction occurs and it will bubble over quickly. Therefore, I use my large sangria pitcher. I pour strawberry mix in first, then add the Prosecco slowly. Stir and then serve.



I love celebrating Easter. Spring is a beautiful time of rebirth and renewal, but it is the original Resurrection Day that gives such hope to me.

I saw this video on Facebook recently, and it is moving. It reminded me again, why we celebrate.



The Lord is Risen!
He is Risen Indeed!


La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment