Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Lemon Cream & Strawberry Crepes

I love crepes.

Making crepes has taught me so much. I've learned technique...how my stove cooks...how long to let the pan heat...the sound the butter makes when the pan is ready for the batter...how to swirl, flip, and slide it on to a plate. I've learned to embrace my crashed crepes...you know, usually the first of the batch that tear, fold, crash into a mess in the pan. 

You don't rush crepes. You practice crepes.




Once you get in a rhythm, crepe making is peaceful. It's rather methodical. I find that I look for reasons to make crepes. 

This particular crepe recipe is filled with something sweet. 

I use the La Bonne Femme Master Crepe Recipe for these, but you can use your favorite store bought or tried and true recipe. I found the filling recipe on Pinterest (Love Bakes Good Cakes).

Here's what you need for this super easy, ultra delicious recipe:
1/2 cup lemon curd
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pint strawberries- chopped




Here's how to make it:
Make crepes according to La Bonne Femme (or favorite) recipe. Beat curd and cream on high for 3-5 minutes.




Oh my! I heart lemon curd!!! It was actually the filling in our wedding cake.




So- then you spread the lemon cream mixture along the bottom of the crepe. Top with strawberries.




Then just roll them up, drizzle a little more cream, top with strawberries, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.



VoilĂ ! Lemon-Strawberry-Crepey Goodness!!!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment