Sunday, June 8, 2014

And Thus It Begins

I have always had an interest in cooking. My uncle was a great cook, so was my grandfather, my mother is an excellent cook...my dad is a fantastic cook. I love to eat, to explore with food, to be creative!

It is also therapy to me.

I lost my dear friend, Linda H. Mason recently (her friends called her "Mason"). The loss is tremendous. 

So what did I do...I began to cook! 

Mason and I loved food! We also love to cook- me more than she, but we loved eating what I cooked. I thought: I should begin cooking, creating, and exploring as a way to heal through the loss of my friend.

Mason also loved anything French. I love French food. One of my favorite movies is Ratatouille- a movie (set in France) about a rat who becomes a chef. (I named my cat after the main character, "Remy"!)

Hmmm...I thought: Mason lived "the good life"- "la bonne vie". She had many friendships, cooked, ate, enjoyed the company of others...enjoyed French stuff...

Yes- that's what I would do! I would begin a blog of recipes, tastes, and smells that remind me that:
life is good. 

It doesn't have to be stuffy food, or expensive food, or require super-skills in the kitchen...just easy, creative, fun, "catching up over a good meal" kinds of dishes. Often the way we humans connect is over a meal. Mason and I always did our best "catching up" over a meal.


So join me! Join me on an eating, drinking, cooking journey to explore the good life...the way Mason would- over a good meal!
My Friend Mason at the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX.

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to a marvelous woman. I still find it hard to believe she's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree! She was a wonderful woman!

      Delete