Friday, June 20, 2014

Theming...A Lesson From My Friend, Linda Mason!


My friend Mason with my Aunt Joyce. Mason was with our family at my sister-in-law's baby shower!
Mason loved theming! She also loved decorative...theme matching napkins. She would have been so incredibly proud of this particular blog post!

I have included pictures of two particularly pretty events. I suppose I caught the "theming bug" from Mason because decorating for a gathering is almost as fun as cooking for it!

Take a look at the gallery below:

A Pretty Pink Baby Shower:

A diaper cake and pink champagne! (The mom-to-be had cranberry ginger ale.)

Dessert Buffet- branches were painted white. Pink birds hung on the branches.

LOVE this bakery- "Sweet Eats" in Chattanooga, TN (http://www.sweeteats.net/). These are marzipan birds!

Garden Party Mother's Day Brunch:

Mimosa's, fruit and yogurt parfait...cookies by Signal Mountain Cookie Lady. (http://www.signalmountaincookielady.com/)

Eggs Benedict and Smoked Gouda Grits.

Oh- it just makes me want to plan my next party!

I find a lot of helpful hints on Pinterest. The baby shower ideas came from The Bump. I love this outlet for creativity!

"Theming" a party is a really fun way to engage my guests and make the celebration seem even more festive. 

Thanks for the lesson Mason!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment