Friday, August 15, 2014

Canadian Bacon and Brie Quiche...Weekend Brunch!




First- I would be completely remiss if I did not wish the Hubs a very Happy Birthday! 
The Hubs is 40 today...and pictures from his Manly-Bourbon Birthday Bash will appear in Monday's Blog...so stay tuned!

In the meantime, try this yummy quiche for brunch this weekend.

Ingredients:

16 slices Canadian Bacon (thin...but not very thin)
1 (8oz) round Brie Cheese (I will show you how to cut this with no mess!)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

Now...we must begin by me telling you that I have made this before...but not like it is pictured here. The Canadian Bacon should be the crust. If you get slices that are too thick (which you will see pictured here, because I did not have access to thinner slices this particular weekend...) then they will float to the top. It will still taste great. It will not make the nice crispy crust that I have had in the past...when I bought the right thing in the Publix deli....are you catching on...yes- thinner Canadian Bacon slices....


And here they are...the too-thick Canadian Bacon slices!
Yours should be thinner. Publix has it in the deli and they will slice to your desired thickness... I, however, purchased the pre-sliced variety...it is too thick.
You will want to line your pan with them and it is okay if they overlap.
Yep...rind removed and cubed...a mess, right?
No way!

The key to brie...keep it cold.
I leave it in the fridge until I'm ready to start cutting.
First, I quickly remove the outer rind, then I cut it into
cubes. I put it back in the fridge for about a minute

When I take it back out, I lay a line of them on their side
and cut the top and bottom rind off.
No mess...perfect cubes!























8 large eggs...

...lightly beaten





















Stir together the eggs, cubed brie, mayo and the next 3 ingredients.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate (with the correctly sized
Canadian Bacon...).
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a a knife inserted in the center
comes out clean.

Let quiche stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
(Do you see the Canadian Bacon that rose to the surface?
Yea- did I mention it was too thick...)
All Canadian Bacon thickness aside, it is really tasty! Lightly beating the eggs tends to make the quiche a bit airy and light- I like it this way.
We served ours with fresh fruit, a cream cheese danish, and of course, Mimosas!

Happy Brunching!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment