Monday, December 15, 2014

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy


This is a good one!!!!

Ingredients: 1 lb ground turkey (or beef), 1 (10oz) can cream of mushroom soup (divided), 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 cup chopped onions, 1 tsp steak seasoning, 1 Tbsp canola oil, 2 Tbsp butter (divided), 1/4 cup cognac (or brandy), 1 (8 oz) package of sliced mushrooms, 2 cups beef broth, 1 (1.2 oz) packet brown gravy mix

I combined turkey, 1/4 cup mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onion and steak seasoning in bowl.

I heated the oil and 1 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and browned the 4 patties I just made on both sides.

I set the patties aside and added the remaining butter to the same skillet.
When I added the brandy, I removed the pan from the heat.


I then sauteed the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes, then added the beef stock and whisked in the gravy mix until it was smooth.
Then I stirred in the remaining mushroom soup.

I returned the patties to the skillet and spooned the gravy over the patties. I covered the pan and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.

We served ours with mashed potatoes and cheesy broccoli.

YUM!

I tried this Sandra Lee recipe and the Hubs and I loved it!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment