Wednesday, December 3, 2014

With Great Thanks! Thanksgiving Decor...Easily Adapted for Christmas!

Place settings...I used Fall colored (woodsy themed) ornaments as place cards!


We started our Thanksgiving Day with a 5k walk- The Grateful Gobbler!

Over 3,000 members (families, furry- four-legged friends, Santa...) all walked to raise money for a Family Shelter at the area's Community Kitchen.


Often, families get broken up when they enter a shelter. For example, 10 year old boys can't go with their moms into the women's side of the shelter.

This family shelter will provide a way for families to stay together!

There was a great energy that morning! I loved being a part of it!!!

Ok- back to decorating...



I cut fall themed scrapbook paper into different shapes. I wrote "Thank You" in different languages and tossed them around the table. Guests tried guessing the language for the word...the answers were on the back.

This is easily adaptable for Christmas.


Simple gold chargers added a lot to the overall look.
Since we all sit in different places in our family, I used the place cards to send a message of Thanks!





I love candlelight! I found this pretty bird at Hobby Lobby.

We couldn't forget the kids! Their cards read: "I am Thankful for:" and then I wrote in their names!

All of these fall colored ornaments came from Hobby Lobby. None were over $2.99...and they were all 50% off!

Using scrapbook paper, I cut small shapes with fun scissors. I used a calligraphy pen to write my notes.

Kids ornaments.

All in all, it was a day of Great Thanks!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Coming up next...

Christmas decor, the always delicious Corn Souffle, and the very best Pumpkin dish in the whole-wide world....

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment