Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Southern Spin On A French Classic


 Oeufs Durs Mayonnaise...with a Southern twist.


This dish does call for all that you see here, but they don't chop the eggs and mix it all together; but in the South we tend to mix our food together. 

I used my Pampered Chef egg slicer to chop the eggs.

The dressing is made of mayo, Dijion, lemon juice,
parsley & chives.

I mixed the dressing in a separate bowl.



















I gently folded the dressing into the chopped eggs.
Typically, this dish is served (unmixed) on Boston or Bibb lettuce with olives  and cornichons,
but I had a kale and spinach mix and fresh tomatoes.
I drizzled a little Champagne vinaigrette over the greens and tomatoes.

While the French dish places just a dollop of the mayo mixture on top of halved, hard-boiled eggs, the Southern spin turns it into a true egg salad. 

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

* The full recipe can be found in the Bonne Femme Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment