Friday, July 18, 2014

Blueberries, Burgers And Haricot Verts- A Fresh Weeknight Meal.


Blueberry Turkey Burgers, Tater Tots (you know we love them) & Lemon- Rosemary Scented Haricot Verts.

In this month's Southern Living blueberries are the star!

This is a simple one, but the flavor is so fresh and light. This is a really great one for weeknight grilling.

1 lb of ground turkey, blueberries, parsley & shallots.

I mixed 1 lb of ground turkey with torn parsley, torn basil, minced shallots, chopped blueberries & salt and pepper to taste.
I used a food processor to chop blueberries and herbs.

I formed 4 patties from the turkey mixture.




















In the meantime, I cooked the haricot verts in boiling water, then (once bright green) I submerged them in an ice bath to stop the cooking. I drained them and patted them dry. I then heated lemon zest, olive oil and a sprig of rosemary in a skillet for approximately 3 minutes. I tossed the rosemary sprig and then tossed the green beans until coated and heated through. I set them aside on some paper towels to soak up remaining oil.
Lemon zest, olive oil & rosemary sprig.
Be sure to spray your grill, the sugar from the berries will cause them to stick a bit. 

We topped our burgers with crumbled goat cheese- delicious!

We enjoyed this fairly fancy burger, with very little effort.

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment