Monday, July 28, 2014

The Finale to Seafood Week- Success # 3! Thanks Julia!

Merci Julia!

Poisson Meuniere- one of the fist dishes Julia Child enjoyed after she arrived in France in 1949.
She had Sole, while this one was made with Grouper, equally as enchanting!

I returned to the Bonne Femme Cookbook and tried my hand at this famous dish.
While I won't give all of the details here (you really should get the cookbook- you won't be disappointed), I will show you via pictures the journey I took to create this dish!

The long and short of it is white (firm) fish lightly fried, covered in lemon, a mixture of herbs and an easy browned butter sauce.
Lightly breaded

Lightly fried


















Browning Butter...the trick is melting it over medium heat until it turns a
nut-brown color and is frothy.
I used Grouper that was about 5 1/2 oz each. I also used a mixture of parsley and chives.
I served this fish with Gruyere Mashed Potatoes (basically added a little over 1/3 cup of Gruyere to mashed potatoes).
It is a beautiful dish! And extremely tasty!!!!
This dish is a quick fix, it is something I would definitely serve to company, and truly is light and a little savory at the same time.

Overall, the challenge of Seafood Week proved- Delicieux! (Delicious!)

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment