Monday, July 21, 2014

Hooray for Publix!

I just want to say: Hooray for Publix!

Blackberry Pork Chops, Horseradish Mashed Potatoes & Spinach.
When I'm walking through their grocery store, and one of their announcements is heard over the loud speaker; they end it with: "Thank you for shopping at Publix, where shopping is a pleasure!" I audibly reply: "Yes it is!"

I actually enjoy shopping there. I love it. The aisles are large enough. If I can't find something, an employee walks me directly to the item. They take my groceries to the car...I HEART PUBLIX!

And, in honor of my great love for the store that makes it so easy for home cooks to successfully feed our families comes tonight's dinner!

This is one of their recipes, made with purchases from their store.

To make the sauce: 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice & 1/4 cup blackberry preserves.
The actual blackberries are just for garnish.
Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with steak seasoning, and then coat both sides with cooking spray.
Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees for medium.
In a saucepan, bring the preserves, lemon juice and soy sauce to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until preserves are liquefied. Cover and remove form heat. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops. 
To speed things up, I bought a 24oz package of refrigerated mashed potatoes.
Place the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl; cover and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Stir in 2 Tbsp of sour cream, 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of prepared horseradish. Continue cooking for 3 more minutes on HIGH.
Stir and serve!

I heated up some frozen spinach and dinner was on the table in 30 minutes!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment