Friday, July 25, 2014

Mediterranean Scallops and Artichoke- Mushroom Pasta- Success #2 On Seafood Week!

I love seafood! 

I have to admit- I was so proud of Wednesday's post!!! That Portuguese dish was not only the prettiest seafood dish I have ever made, it was one of the best tasting! It was delicious. 

So after that success, I decided it was safe to keep going! 

Look at all of that color!

 Publix to the rescue again!
This is one of their Aprons recipes. Very easy and very quick.

Ingredients for Mediterranean Scallops:
2 medium yellow squash
2 small zucchini squash
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup of white wine
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1/4 tsp pepper, divided
12 oz sea scallops
1/4 cup prepared shrimp scampi sauce

Ingredients for Artichoke- Mushroom Pasta:
1 small red pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 oz pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 (14 oz) can quartered artichokes (drained)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white wine
1 (4.6 oz) box Italian herb pasta mix
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

So I have this Pampered Chef slicer thing- I love it! It cut the squash evenly and quickly.
I preheated my broiler and sliced my squash and tomatoes. I combined squash, tomatoes, 1/4 cup white wine, 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. I then arranged them in a 13 x 9 pan and poured the remaining oil mixture over the top.
In the meantime, I preheated a large skillet on medium-high (about 2-3 minutes). I cut the pepper into thins strips, put 2 Tbsp of oil in the pan and then added the peppers and mushrooms. I cooked and stirred for about 2-3 minutes, until softened.

I then stirred in one of my favorites, artichokes! I added the water, the remaining wine and the contents of the seasoning packet from the pasta mix.

I brought the mixture to a boil.
I then stirred in the pasta, covered and reduced the heat to medium-low. I allowed it to cook for 8 minutes or so and stirred it occasionally so that the noodles wouldn't stick together.

Back to scallops...
I combined 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and scallops. I then arranged the scallops onto of the squash mixture and placed it under the broiler for about 8 minutes (do not over cook scallops).

Timing is my biggest issue and stresser in the kitchen...but this, this was ready at the same time!!! Woo Hoo!!!
(PS- remember- don't over cook scallops. They are ready when they just turn opaque. They should be firm and beginning to brown on the top.)
Place the pasta mixture on the plate, toss scallop mixture with 1/4 scampi sauce and then arrange on top of the pasta.
This was easy! No weird ingredients- most of the stuff came right out of my pantry. Meal time was right about 35 to 40 minutes and it makes 4 decent sized servings.

Seafood success # 2!

Next stop...

One of the 1st dishes Julia Child tasted, and later rhapsodized about, when she arrived in France- Poisson Meunie're.

Challenge accepted!

La Bonne Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment