Saturday, November 1, 2014

Bone-Warming Chili, Mummy Halloweenies, Spider's Blood Sparklers & Peanut Butter Candy Krispies!

Peanut Butter Candy Krispies, Boo Plates and a 3 D Black Cat Standing guard over our treats!!!

I just love Halloween! 

There are so many festive foods, drinks, costumes! It is such fun!


The creepy paper platter came from Hobby Lobby.
The colors of Reeses Pieces already look like Halloween!


I took plastic spider  rings and hung them on the sides of orange, green and red glasses.


You know we have to have a signature cocktail here...

Spiders Blood Sparklers: 2 Cups Pomegranate juice and a bottle of Prosecco. Garnish with
spider rings and fresh pomegranate seeds!

To add some drama...I added a bit of dry ice.
Dry ice is poison if ingested, so we just used a bit for effect. We drank a bit from this pitcher,
but the dry ice causes bubbling, so it was leaving our drink flat.
We had a back up pitcher for fresh, bubbly drinks!


Buzzzy...working on Mummy Halloweenies!

I rolled out crescent rolls and cut them into strips.
I wrapped them around 16 all beef hot dogs.
I placed them on parchment and baked them.


375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden!


I added mustard eyes and served with a Dijon Oregano mustard!
Dijon Oregano Mustard: 1/2 cup creamy Dijon & 1 Tbsp dried oregano. Stir & serve!


We also had our Bone-Warming Chili...but I think I will blog that recipe later. 

We were visited by cowboys, Darth Vader, several Screams & even the Phantom of the Opera!
Watching parents and kids enjoy this time together is the most magical part of the evening.

I hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween!

I feel like this October has been one of the happiest and most festive we have had in quite a while.
I'm looking forward to moving into this season of Thankfulness. 
I hop you are too!

We had several opportunities to carve pumpkins this October, so I'll leave you with a our pumpkin carving pictures...La Bonne Vie Y'all!!!

Pumpkin Carving with Family and Friends!


We are a creative bunch!

We love cats!!!

On Halloween night we filled this Jack's head with green and purple glow sticks and some dry ice...
fog was flowing out of its face.
Can you see the outline of Remy in his cat tower looking at our Jack o Lantern?

The Hubs is excellent at carving!

The Cheshire Cat!!!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment