Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Warming Butternut Squash Bisque with Curry

La Bonne Femme Soup Recipe!!!

This soup warms you to your toes!
Curry is a warming spice. Combining it with the sweetness of the butternut squash is deliciousness in a bowl!

I roasted my squash for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees. You can see that I seasoned it with salt and pepper and tested its tenderness with a knife.

While my squash was cooling, I cooked 2 large, chopped, carrots and 1 medium sized, chopped, onion in 1 Tbsp of oil. I added 1 tsp of curry powder to the mix and cooked until the onion became tender.

I scooped the flesh of the squash and added it to the carrot/onion mixture.
I then added 5 cups of chicken broth and brought it to a boil. I reduced the heat and let it simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. 

I allowed the soup to cool slightly and then worked in batches to blend. (See the note about steam in a blender on the Silky and Light Potato Soup.)

I returned it to the pot and reheated.

I added 1 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar.

We topped ours with a little sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg!

This dish tastes like Fall!

Warm up on a cold day with this elegant Curry Butternut Squash Bisque!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment