Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Clams with Beer, Bacon & Fennel

Wow- isn't this pretty!!!
I found this recipe in the last volume of Coastal Living. 
I've cut this recipe in half for just the Hubs and me.

This was the first time I used my new, bright red Dutch Oven!
My Parents gave it to me for my birthday- I was so excited!

I sauted the about 3/4 cups of chopped fennel in 2 Tbsp of butter on medium-high until it was tender.

I added a little over 1/4 cup of beer & 2 more Tbsp of butter to the fennel, reduced the heat to medium...
and added 1 1/2 lbs of clams!

I placed the beautiful red lid on and let it cook for 10 mins! 

Look at how beautifully they opened up!
*Be sure to discard any that do not open.

I sprinkled them with chopped, fresh parsley. (Add crumbled cooked bacon- can you believe that I forgot mine?!)

We served ours over a bed of Far East Garlic and Olive Oil Cous Cous, and added a side of Vision Health Green Giant Steamed Veggies!

This was such a beautiful...and healthy meal!
Can you tell our table is decorated for Valentines?

The flower bouquet is made of wooden flowers. I added red place-mats...and of course Mickey & Minnie salt and pepper shakers!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

PS- Mason volunteered at Wally's Friends- a low cost (sometimes no cost) spay and neuter clinic in Chattanooga, Tennessee. She dearly loved animals (particularly- dogs...very particularly- Golden Retrievers). Wally's annual fundraiser- Spay-ghetti No Meatballs- is Saturday, February 7th.

Tickets are only $35 (seated dinner, wine/ beer). There is also a silent auction.
Please consider going. I have provided a link for tickets.

If you don't live near this event, why not consider helping at your local shelter?
Animals are just one more blessing that make it La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment