Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Quick & Easy Broccoli Chicken Casserole


Honestly...I'm not sure this could be any easier!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour, 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar, 4 cups medium broccoli florets, 3 cups frozen brown rice (thawed), 1 rotisserie chicken (skinned, white and dark meat shredded), 1/2 cup Parmesan



Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk flour and broth in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk continuously until it comes to a boil. Continue whisking and boiling until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.

Remove from heat and whisk 1 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Add the cheddar and whisk until melted.

Add broccoli florets and stir to coat.

Mix shredded chicken and thawed rice in a large bowl. Pour broccoli mixture into chicken mixture and mix well.

Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into dish.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mixture.
Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until browned, 2 to 5 minutes.

Oh My! Look at all of that cheesy goodness!!!
This was so easy to make! It had protein, brown rice and a veggie all in one!

I hope you are all having great year so far.

I think I mentioned that I don't make New Year's resolutions. I keep feeling like I need to stay "present", to stay "with myself"...not running ahead or looking over my shoulder at the way things used to be. The Lord has provision and blessing for today, at this moment. What a joy to receive those gifts in the present.

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment