Friday, October 24, 2014

Getting Ready for Halloween...and Remembering Mason!


As it gets closer to Halloween, the Hubs and I love watching Halloween movies.  I don't like the scary ones...I know, so what do you watch?

My Current Halloween Movie list:
Hotel Transylvania
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Icabod Crane (Disney's Headless Horseman)
Beetlejuice
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp version)
Dark Shadows
and my favorite Halloween movie...

Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein

This puts me in mind of Mason and I going to see Sleepy Hollow many years ago at about this same time of year...


One thing that Mason and I loved to do (other than eat) was go to the movies. We saw so many movies together. 

Haha...this reminds me...

Back when Shakespeare In Love came to the theaters, Mason and I went to see it. I was in college and I was smitten with Joseph Fiennes (Shakespeare in the movie).

I went to meet Mason (I think we were going to a movie) and she pulled a folded piece of paper out of her purse. 
"Here. I got this for you", she said.

I unfolded a magazine page which she had torn out of that month's People at her beauty shop. 

I looked at it...then at her...

"Thanks...why do I have this?" I asked.

"It's that Shakespeare you like from the movie", she said.

"Ummm...no. This is his brother. Ralph."

"Oh. Are you sure? Well, he's nice looking too", she said.


Movie Joseph stars in...
Joseph Fiennes...
























Ralph Fiennes...Joseph's older brother...

Movie Ralph stars in...


She did stuff like that all the time. She made me laugh. She still makes me laugh.



One Halloween, my friend Bran and I decided to dress up as some of Mason's favorite characters.

While my crush was on Joseph Fiennes (not his older brother), Mason's was Mel Gibson. 



So Bran and I dressed as Braveheart (complete with blue face paint) and...


...Indiana Jones.

When Mason came to her door that Halloween, she was laughing so hard we thought she was going to stop breathing. 

We loved doing things for her to make her laugh.

As I watch some of our favorite Halloween movies and get ready for all those cute trick or treaters, I remember Mason.



So, maybe you surprise someone this Halloween...but instead of scaring them...make them laugh, like Bran and I did for Mason...

Bran & I dressed and ready to surprise Mason!

Enjoy this time of year! 

And Enjoy my favorite clip from this Halloween Movie!

Gene Hackman & Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein.


No comments:

Post a Comment