Friday, October 17, 2014

Homemade Halloween Wreath! Really Easy!




I really like Halloween. 

Not all the scary stuff...I actually can't watch scary movies at all. It's too scary and affects me too much.

But I love dressing up, making Jack 'o lanterns (the Hubs is especially good at that), and all those cute little trick or treaters! Two years ago we had a big sister dressed as a bunny and a little brother dressed as a carrot- it was adorable!!!

We get lots of trick or treaters, so I'm pretty serious about making sure we have enough candy. This year we have over 10 lbs of it! 


So, now to the wreath...

I saw this wreath idea on Pinterest. There were no instructions written out- just a picture. But I used my imagination and here is what I did!

Of course you need the help of cute black cats!
As you can see Remy was helping. You can see Minnie in the bottom left corner wondering,
"What is all this shiny stuff, mom?

I found what I needed at Hobby Lobby and Party City.

Needed tools:
1 foam wreath (your desired size)
enough black boas to cover your wreath
bag of floral pins
black ribbon
hot glue & hot glue gun
decorations (lime/bright green, purple, orange Christmas balls, glittery pumpkins,whatever you choose)

I wrapped my black and silver boa around my foam wreath.
As I wrapped it around I used floral pins to hold it in place.


You might have to unwrap and re-wrap until you get the desired fullness.
Minnie found an orange ribbon to play with in the background.

Apparently, Remy loved the bright green Christmas balls.
These cats were so helpful!

Hot glue the balls and glittery pumpkins to the floral pins and insert them into the wreath to create your desired arrangement.

The Hubs threaded the floral pins into the ball tops and through the foam bottoms of the pumpkins. You can do whatever works best for you. If the Hubs wasn't helping, I would have used the hot glue.

Attach the ribbon with floral pins and hang with the ribbon.

Isn't it cute?!

It looks great with a few pumpkins and a mum on the porch.
We look like we are ready for all of those tiny trick or treaters!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment