Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chicken and Rice Grande Cassoulet- La Bonne Femme Recipe Win!

It's been a while since I have cracked open my La Bonne Femme Cookbook, but I have been looking forward to making some of these hearty, savory dishes!


I love having this online food diary. I have looked back at some of the things I have made throughout the past year. The ones I really like...I make again.

This is one, I will make again!

I flattened 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves and seasoned them with salt and pepper.
I browned them over medium-heat heat with 1 Tbsp each of butter and olive oil for 3 minutes per side.
I then transferred the chicken to my greased casserole dish.

I added onion and mushrooms to the same skillet and cooked them until the onions were tender.

I added 1 minced garlic clove and cooked for 30 seconds (until fragrant). I added 1/2 cup of Pinot Grigio...
...and a 1/4 tsp of Herbs De Provence!
I allowed all this to cook for about 1 minute more. I then added 3/4 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of long grain white rice, and brought it to a boil.

I poured the rice mix over the chicken and made sure that the rice was completely submerged.
I covered and let it bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

I let it stand for 5 minutes after baking.

I put the chicken on plates and then stirred 1/4 cup of Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese into the rice mixture.

I placed the cheesy rice mix on top of the chicken and added a side of seasoned mix veggies.
This was a hearty (but not heavy) meal. The Hubs and I really enjoyed this one!

Plus- dinner was one the table in less than 45 minutes!!!!

Happy La Bonne Femme Cooking Y'all!

Coming up: Blueberry Blintz Bake with Farmhouse Scramble...a great Valentines brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment