Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day: I've Been Blessed with So Many Gifts...Each Life is a Gift!

I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day. 

I have always like Valentine's Day, even when I was single. It's not just about romance.
Certainly, we should show love daily, but, let's be honest...we are human, and sometimes we don't try to live out our love as we could or should.

Valentines reminds us to love our people- mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses, children, friends...to love our people well! It is a reminder holiday. A day to remind us of those we love...and to encourage us to live that love out everyday!


I received a Mickey Mouse waffle iron for my birthday and decided to pull it out for a smiley breakfast!

These waffles used a bit of cornmeal and some pecans.


A little Valentines sparkling rose'.



We had dinner at one of our favorites: Terra Nostra!

A beautiful Blue Fin Tuna Tartare..

Lobster Torte...

I cannot say enough about this dish!!! It is truly, one of the best dishes I have ever eaten!!!
Seared Foie Gras with Morrells! 
The smell, texture and taste of this entire dish was perfection.
There are some meals that I just remember...this will be one of them!

It was plated beautifully, with pureed beets and little hearts cut out of apples.

Cheese Plate

The Caramel Trio: flan, sea salt and caramel ice cream, and a caramel banana bundle. Delicious!!!


We shared loving messages with our family and friends both Friday and Saturday...Julie Darling Donuts both at work and with friends, cards and text messages with family, food with the Hubs...it was a wonderful reminder for me! I have been blessed with so many gifts...each life is a gift!

La Bonne Vie Y'all!

Stay tuned in...Fat Tuesday is this Tuesday...and the Oscars are just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. How did you make the Mickey Mouse pancake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think I'going to tweek the recipe and try it again in another blog. It was a Food Network recipe that called for flour and cornmeal...the ratios, I thought, made it too dense. When I have it right- I will be sure to post!!!

      I received a Mickey Waffle Iron for my birthday! Hooray for grandmothers!!!!

      Delete