Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bites!

I love the Food Network app on my phone!
Both of these recipes are from Sunny Anderson and they are very good!


Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
Ingredients:
2 links of Mexican Chorizo (casings removed), 1/2 lb smoked Gouda (shredded), 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1 egg, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 3 Tbsp sour cream, 1 Tbsp hot sauce, 12 large jalapeno peppers (stemmed, seeded and halved), salt and freshly ground pepper

I wore gloves to seed the jalapenos. I rinsed the jalapenos and then drained them on some paper towels.

I browned and drained the Chorizo, and mixed the Chorizo, cheeses, onion, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in a large mixing bowl. 
The tang from the sour cream along with the cheeses balance the heat and spice from the Chorizo and hot sauce!
I lined the baking sheet with parchment paper and filled the jalapenos with the Chorizo mixture.

I was watching the Kitten Bowl while cooking these Super Bowl-Super Bites.

Our rescue cat, Minnie, was very excited about the Good Witch Wildcats...the whole team was full of black cats like her!


These baked at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Yum!
My second bite was Sunny's Farm in a Basket- these were the Hubs favorites!

I sauteed 1 cup of golden raisins and a small (finely chopped) red onion in 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.

I cut 8 crescent rolls in half, and placed 1 piece of thinly sliced salami, then 1 thinly sliced piece of provolone on top of each halved crescent.
I put a Tbsp of raisin mixture in the center of each piece of provolone.

I rolled them up and placed them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.

I baked them in a 375 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
These are both savory and sweet!
These appetizers were easy and delicious!


We want to Congratulate all of the kittens of the Kitten Bowl on getting adopted.

Joe Montuna won the game for Minnie's favorite team, The Good Witch Wildcats!
Speaking of animals in need of our help, Wally's Friends Spay-ghetti No Meatballs Fundraiser is coming up this Saturday!
Wally's Friends provides low cost (and sometimes no cost) spay and neuter for dogs and cats. They even have a feral cat initiative!

Mason loved this organization and volunteered for them for many years.
If you are in the area and want to support this great cause get your tickets here: http://www.wallysfriends.com/spaghettiauction/SpayGhetti2015.htm

I hope you all enjoyed your Super Bowl Sunday! 

Enjoy this little video: Dear Kitten...The Super Bowl:


La Bonne Vie Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment